ArtistsRegistry.com Message Board

Arts Community Message Board
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Patrick Lewis
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:52 am 
Site Admin

Below is a sequence of letters from someone using the name Patrick Lewis to an artist offering to purchase artwork and make payment far in excess of the asking price. The cashier's check was fraudulent and the artist did not send funds to the "shipper". This is a typical scam being perpetrated in this country and others. Often the cashier's check looks legitimate and will initially be accepted by the bank, only to be returned within a couple weeks, which allows enough time for the artist to be duped and trustingly send off the excess money to the scammer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: art and gallery
Date: April 17, 2009 5:30:52 PM EDT
To:

Hello to you out there. I am so excited that I came across of your work on internet search,I am interested in purchasing some creative artworks from you let me know their various prices.and how much discounts are you going to give? I will be happy to have these selected artworks hanged in our new home in dublin. As well, I want you to take out the shipping cost.I have been in touch with a shipping firm that will be shipping other house decoratives, We are travelling from our Dallas home to our new apartment as soon as possible.On Paying for the artworks,I will be glad to pay you with a Bank draft or Cashier check in Euro funds that can be easily cashed at your local bank,please let me know on how to proceed, Have a wonderful day..... Take Care, Mr Patrick lewis

Subject: RE: art and gallery/KINDLY GET BACK TO ME ASAP
Date: April 20, 2009 9:50:47 PM EDT
To:
Hello,
How are you doing today?Below Are the art works needed..
Torso 47
Click to enlarge
12 1/2" x 27" x 7"
....... QTY 1
Kindly get back to me with last asking excluding the shipping cost..Due to my business policy i have a private shipping agent that handles my goods and he has been working with me for a very long time and i will appreciate if you could bear with me.Importantly i will advice you get back to me with your details such as ..
Full Contact name..
Full Contact Address..
City...
Zip Code...
Country......
Phone number..
For further proceedings.
Thanks Patrick.....

Subject: Re: art and gallery/KINDLY GET BACK TO ME ASAP
Date: April 29, 2009 8:49:45 AM EDT
To:

Hello,Good morning i belive by now you should have received the check,cause the amount on the check is $4250,was included with my shipping cost,so kindly let me know if you have received it for further instruction thanks...

Subject: SHIPPING DETAILS SUSAN
Date: May 5, 2009 7:14:24 PM EDT
To:

Hello,thanks for your mail and am very greatful to see your mail and for your understanding towards this transation.You will deduct your money for the artwork and send the remaining funds to my shipping agent via western union money transfer or moneygramm immediately so they can prepare all neccesary document and you will have to schedule the day and time you will be around so the pick up can commence.
Below is my
shipping agent details...
Shipping Names: Derek James...
Shipping Address:.. 105 catford hill london se6 4pw u.k
Importantly you will have to deduct the transfer
charges from the remaining funds and? get back to me with transfer details such as.

Senders name :
Senders Address:
Amount Sent:
Money transfer control number MTCN :
Please do as instructed and get back to me immediately if you have any question.
Thanks.