PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

***WARNING***

Several members have reported being contacted by billbooker

Sender Name: billbooker
Sender E-Mail: billboker03
Sender Phone: 830998200239
How to contact sender: Email
Message: My name is Bill booker,I reside at 200 broad street,cumber land,R.I. 02864, USA?Hope this message finds you well,i came across some lovely and creative artworks on your site while searching for good artworks and I will like to buy creative artworks out of your stock.
<TITLE REMOVED>
Oil on Canvas
36\" x 36 $$4,500.00

I will be happy to have this selected artworks hanged in our new home. What is the least price? We are traveling from our USA home to our new apartment in London,uk.Kindly don\'t bother to include the shipping cost because i have a private shipper hat will arrange for the pick up of the art work in your location

Best of regards

-------------------------

Sender Name: andrew scott
Sender E-Mail: andrew.scott001@hotmail.com
Sender Phone: 665-241-8976
How to contact sender:
Message: My name is Andrew Scott,I reside at 144 broad street,cumber land,R.I. 02864, USA?Hope this message finds you well,i came across some lovely and creative artworks on your site while searching for good artworks and I will like to
buy creative artworks out of your stock. ( Adam and Eve pigment on canvas 24x36 $1500\". )

I will be happy to have this selected artworks hanged in our new home. What is the least price? We are traveling from our USA home to our new apartment in London,uk.Kindly don\'t bother to include the shipping cost because i have a private shipper hat will arrange for the pick up of the art work in your location

Best of regards

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:42 am 

That address in RI is a flooring company and a body shop. Looks like apts above. (2 story frame building) The latest buying offer is from "morris white" also at that address...must be getting pretty crowded up there with all those folks collecting art...:-) The phone# he furnished is a land line in Seattle, unpublished. The pidgen english is, as always, a dead giveaway.

polly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:32 am 

Anybody who doesn't take the time to reread the email they send out to check for errors in spelling, grammar or typing is not a trustworthy source. That should be a dead giveaway to spot any fraud attempts. Any reputible dealer or business has secretaries or at least software that catches errors before they are sent out . Also, poor english translations are no excuse either as they have software that corrects the translations too. Number 1 rule whenever sorting through email for legitimacy- never trust broken english emails, along with poor typing and spelling.