ArtistsRegistry.com Message Board

Arts Community Message Board
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:00 am 
Site Admin

TO ALL VICTIMS OF THE PACIFIC MODEL AND TALENT SCAM IN TAMPA:

I am the Exec Director of a professional acting school in St Petersburg, FL (Tampa Bay) founded in 1992. I want to send my deepest heartfelt apologies to all who were hurt by the RECENT scam artists posing as legitimate training schools. It seems that this has been going on all over the country by this group (Pacific M&T) for the past few months, from Seattle to Florida, and I am surprised that they have gotten this far without being arrested. Perhaps it is different groups of people with the same business model, nonetheless, it is our local talent and families which have been hurt and financially damaged by people who were obviously good "actors" and made you believe in them.

My first advise to all is to call your local arts council and find a good school for your kids. Let's not allow this to turn them off to the arts, and please continue to support your kids in their efforts. Don't let this turn you off to the arts..

My second advise is to get your state Legislators involved to keep our state from allowing these people to set up shop. We know in Florida that each time these types come into our state they leave with about a MILLION of your hard earned DOLLARS!!! Also get your State Attorney involved, and you might contact the FBI as well with your stories. Good luck with all of this....do not give up.

Next if you put this on a credit card of line of credit, your Bank might be able to help you trace them and get your money back.

Now, for those in Tampa Bay, if you have been ripped off by these people, VENUE ACTORS STUDIO is offing a summer camp for 50% off our regular price just for you.
Venue Theatre and Actors Studio has been developing talent in the Tampa Bay Area since 1992. We have been instrumental in the careers of many local actors and artists, including Brittany Snow (Hair Spray, Prom Night, John Tucker Must Die), and Mark Consuelos (All My Children, Kelly Rippa Show). We provide acting, voice and movement training along with guidance as to getting agents, headshots, auditioning, and basically how to break into the business. We emphasize hard work and training, along with level headed marketing skills. We do not promise you the moon, just help you attain the skills to get where you want to go.

Please contact us at 727-822-6194 or via email at VenueActorStudio@gmail.com

our web site is http://www.VenueActorStudio.org if you would like more info on our not for profit group.

We want to help mend those little hearts out there which are aching today.

Sincerely,

Corinne Broskette, Exec Director
Venue Actors Studio