ArtistsRegistry.com Message Board

Arts Community Message Board
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:27 am 

I have noticed an increase in the number of phishing schemes and scams so be careful. i get them from several places including CHASE Banking notifying me of an account i never had . I usually delete all of them but thought I would report it and send a warning. just delete any emails that say they have to close an account that you know you never opened due to "unusual activity in your account" as they claim. it does no good to complain- just make others aware of these silly emails going around.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:28 am 

Also there is a number of new emails from different Nigerian banks or personnel. They usually change their names and the companies they represent but they are obviously from the same people. Fool us once,...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:59 am 

Is there anything one can do to cut down on the number of phishing schemes we get with each email address we have? i spend half my online time deleting these very obvious attempts to seperate me from my money. there must be a trick i havent discovered yet.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:08 am 

i found a new twist in schemes . this is one seemingly from the FBI stating that my email had been used in the suspected in transfer of huge amounts of money. if i had huge money transfered to my accounts i would know about it would i not? scammers will try all new tricks in the book. scare tactics sometimes work so again - beware.